You must have gone through arguments with parking attendants in Chandigarh while parking your vehicle. But from now onwards, the people of Chandigarh will get rid off their rude behaviour.
The Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh, in its new proposal has imposed a fine of Rs. 1000 to 5000 on those contractors who misbehave with the public. Taking into consideration the increasing complaints of misbehaving with the public by the parking attendants, MC has rolled the proposal with the new terms and conditions that have to be followed by all the contractors of the paid parking lots in Chandigarh.
The new rules and regulations
With the new proposal, MC has put many parking contractors into trouble with a huge hike in the penalty. Earlier violators have to pay a maximum fine of Rs. 1500 for the same, but from now onwards it will go upto Rs. 5000. Not only for misbehaving but the fine for over-charging, not using e-ticketing machine, not issuing parking slips have also increased.
- For misbehaving/not wearing the uniform/ not issuing of parking slip/ not using e-ticket machine for the first time, the fine will be of Rs. 1000. Whereas Rs. 3000 and Rs. 5000 have to be paid for repeat and third offence respectively.
- If the attendants over-charged, then the fine would of Rs. 2000, Rs. 5000 and Rs. 10000 for first, second and third time respectively.
- For commercial activities, the fine would be of Rs. 5000 for the time and Rs. 10000 for the second and third time.
So for the next, if you are in the paid parking zone of Chandigarh and the attendants misbehave or overcharge from you then do inform the authorities so that the strict action could be taken against the violators.
Many new things are coming
Some more new things have been mentioned in the proposal regarding the paid parking contractors in Chandigarh. MC has added new rules apart from increasing fine rates in the proposals for the contractors of paid parking in the city.
- The contractor has to pay ten times of the parking fee if the vehicle is parked haphazard in the parking area.
- Fine of Rs, 1000 will also be imposed if the contractor did not deploy manpower in 50 metres of the parking area.
- Any damage or theft caused to the vehicle will be liable to the contractor.
- At least 2 people each should be there in the entry and exit gate of the parking area.
It’s a great decision by the MC that will be very much beneficial for the people of the city. And hope the parking contractors follow the rules amended by the MC in the proposal.
You may notice great changes in the paid parking areas of Chandigarh in the coming days.
Image: The Tribune
Also, Check Out