Post-Graduate Government College abbreviated as PGGC-11 in Chandigarh is all set to add new courses in its curriculum soon. Awaiting the Panjab University’s nod of affirmation, PGGC-11 which enjoys the status of being the ‘heritage college’ of Chandigarh city proposed to launch three more post graduate courses in terms of M.Com and M.Sc besides the already existent nine courses in their ‘student-friendly’ campus.
Throbbed by thousands of students competing for a few hundred seats in various courses, PGGC-11 is the most sought after Government College in Chandigarh which is affiliated with the prestigious oldest established ‘Panjab University’ in Chandigarh.
About PGGC-11, Chandigarh
PGGC-11 is the premier college campus to pursue Under-graduate and Post-graduate courses in various streams of Arts, Science and Commerce by the students hailing from the entire North Indian region especially from the states of J&K, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh. Here are a few highlight key features that the camous of PGGC-11 boasts of, Take a look:
- Established in the year 1953, PGGC-11 is wide spread over an area of around 43.8 acres in Sector 11, Chandigarh.
- NAAC, Bangalore has accredited the college with Grade A certification with 3.40 points.
- The college campus of PGGC-11 boasts of being ‘paperless’ and ‘cashless’ one.
- PGGC-11 infrastructure boasts of 23 smart classes, 57 classrooms, over 40 labs and 2 seminar halls.
- A total of 17 courses is offered by PGGC-11 as UG and PG courses for students.
- 24 various departments function in the PGGC-11 college campus, under PU, Chandigarh.
- PGGC-11 soon to start M.Sc in Zoology and Biotechnology apart from M.Com course.
- The proposition of aforementioned 3 courses awaits PU’s affirmation and validation.
- Widespread grounds cater to the best Physical Education department of PGGC-11 in Chandigarh.
- Facilities at PGGC-11 include Pool, Gym, handball, hockey etc.
- Air conditioned and automated library facility at PGGC-11 adds a feather to the cap.
- PGGC-11 proudly boasts of 3 NCC and 4 NSS units within its campus.
PGGC-11 to have New M.Com, M.Sc Courses
As mentioned above, many courses are offered at the campus of PGGC-11 combining both at Undergraduate and Post-Graduate level for those who aspire to do their Master’s from the esteemed institution of Chandigarh being the major Educational Hub of Northern part of Indian Sub-continent. All set to introduce 3 new courses in terms of M.Com and M.Sc in Zoology and Biotechnology, the campus would get “accustomed” according to the infrastructure required for the aforementioned new courses in a jiffy with introduction of 40 seats in M.Com and around 20 seats in M.Sc course.
Check Important Dates and Key Points here:
- Last Date to Submit Application Form: June 26,2017
- Admission and Counselling Schedule: July 10 – July 13,2017
- Hostel For Girls having 300 rooms.
- Hostel for boys having 400 rooms.
- Hostel facility extra charges applicable at INR 17000 approx.
- Reservation Policy as normalised by the Government of India applicable
PGGC-11 Course Fee & Details
PGGC -11 also gives hostel facilities apart from other highlights of the campus mentioned above. Find below listed details regrading the PG courses offered by PGGC-11 with their fee.
- M.Com (40 seats), course fee: INR 19,830
- M.Sc (Chemistry) with 25 seats: INR 25,300
- M.Sc (Biotechnology) with 20 seats: INR 49,000
- M.A. (History) with 60 seats: INR 15,720
- M.A. (English) with 40 seats: INR 15,720
- M.Sc (IT) with 40 seats: INR 51,800
Well, for all those aspiring to pursue Master’s in above courses, let us wait and watch what this old established Institution under Panjab University in Chandigarh has in store for us. Fingers Crossed!
Source: The Tribune