Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is Chandigarh’s renowned super speciality and prestigious medical institute that attracts patients not only from the city but the adjoining states like Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and others.
To sustain its reputation and medical services, PGI Chandigarh has appointed its new director Dr Jagat Ram, Professor and Head of Ophthalmology Department, this week. His appointment has been ordered by the centre on the coveted post that was vacant since October last year.
Role of Dr Jagat Ram as new director of PGI
Dr Jagat Ram now after taking the charge as Director mentions to complete all the pending projects of the institute on urgent basis as the OPD and Emergency are the two departments that have a huge number of footfall of patients every day. He would prioritise on dealing with this tremendous pressures at the institute.
He also says to be working as a team along with his colleagues and subordinates to maintain the glory of the institute. Dr Jagat plans to implement digitisation in functioning the chores of the PGI and promote research activities along with medical education in India. He also aims to open a 250-bedded hospital.
About Dr Jagat Ram
- Dr Jagat Ram (61) is an internationally renowned eye specialist and a Professor in the department of ophthalmology, PGI, Chandigarh.
- He was the one who introduced phacoemulsification surgery at the PGI for the first time in the year 1994 and in Republic of Seychelles in the year 2004.
- He has received WHO award for best research work on “Posterior capsule opacification after cataract surgery and in-the-bag fixation of intraocular lenses.”
- Paediatric Cataract Surgery is the textbook he has published in 2007.
- He has also headed the ophthalmology unit for 26 years, administratively and for 15 years he had been an ad hoc faculty member of the selection committee of the PGI and other groups.
- Thailand Week (Thailand Fair 2017) @ Himachal Bhawan, Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- 5 Big Fat Celebrity Weddings That Happened in Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- Ever Thought About Getting a Tattoo? Yeti Ink in Sector 15 Chandigarh Can Be Your Best Bet - 29/03/2017
- 7 Places to Have Navratri Food in Panchkula - 29/03/2017
- 5 Places to Buy Cultural Punjabi Stuff in Chandigarh - 28/03/2017