After facing a crushing defeat in the Punjab State Assembly Election, the former CM Prakash Singh Badal will now have to vacate the official residence. That is the reason why the Punjab’s Ex CM is now looking for a rented house in and around sector 8, Chandigarh. Though Prakash Singh Badal will be entitled to have an accommodation as an MLA but that will not be according to his stature.
Ex-CM along with his son who is an outgoing Deputy CM, Sukhbir Badal will now have to leave the official bungalows they had occupied for several years. As published in Hindustan Times, Sukhbir Badal might stay in his newly built luxury resort Sukhvilas but Senior Badal doesn’t wish to move out of Chandigarh.
Post Elections at glance
- Prakash Singh Badal has been chief minister of Punjab for five times i.e for 20 years.
- He was allotted an official bungalow in sector- 2, Chandigarh.
- Sukhbir Badal owns a six-Kanal (3,000 square yards) house in Sector 9, Chandigarh.
- But a few years back it was dismantled for rebuilding.
- Much to the surprise, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) is not even the opposition party as the Aam Aadmi Party has emerged as the party in opposition during Punjab elections 2017.
After losing 2012 elections, Capt Amarinder Singh had to stay in a private house in Chandigarh. Also, three years back, Badal had allotted a bungalow to Ex CM, Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, for security reasons.Also, in Haryana, the cabinet minister status, facilities, and official residences were allotted to former CMs during the tenure of Ex CM Bhupinder Hooda but the current CM Manohar Lal Khattar has rejected the order.
Also, Check Out
- Thailand Week (Thailand Fair 2017) @ Himachal Bhawan, Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- 5 Big Fat Celebrity Weddings That Happened in Chandigarh - 29/03/2017
- Ever Thought About Getting a Tattoo? Yeti Ink in Sector 15 Chandigarh Can Be Your Best Bet - 29/03/2017
- 7 Places to Have Navratri Food in Panchkula - 29/03/2017
- 5 Places to Buy Cultural Punjabi Stuff in Chandigarh - 28/03/2017