PU CET 2017 is here and we have all the details that you would like to know. Panjab University Common Entrance Examination, popularly known as PU CET, is an undergraduate level entrance examination which is held every year. 2017 edition of PU CET will be conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh and it opens admission opportunities for students aspiring to undergo various courses like BHMS, B.Pharma (CBSS) and B.Sc. (Hons) at UG Level.
PU CET, 2017 – Exam Date and Other Important Dates
Registration is mandatory before appearing for PU CET exam 2017. All important dates regarding 2017 year’s PU CET exam are listed below:
- Application form available from the Third week of March 2017
- PU CET 2017, Last Date to submit the form: Third week of May 2017
- Availability of Admit card: Third week of May, 2017
- PU CET 2017, (U.G.) Exam Date: June 04, 2017.
- Result of 2017 year’s PU CET will be Announcement in the second week of June, 2017
For further information visit Panjab University’s official link – http://news.puchd.ac.in/show-news.php?id=935&title=Schedule+of+Entrance+Tests+for+the+Session+2017-20
Eligibility Criteria for 2017 PU CET
- PU CET 2017, (U.G.): passed 10+2 examination with min. 50% for UR and 45% for reserved category from a recognised board/ university
- Candidates should be at least 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission
- Candidates who wish to take help of a scribe must reach the assistant registrar office 10 days prior to PU CET exam date of 2017.
- The scribe has to be below 16 years of age and must have passed 10+2 examination.
PU CET, 2017 Application Procedure
- Fill the CET online application form of Panjab University before June 2017
- Submit the requisite fee either through debit/credit card or through SBI challan
- Take print out of the filled application form
- Attach a copy of necessary official documents like Adhar Card, Passing Certificate, fee receipt with the form.
- Send the entire pack to Panjab University via speed post or manually at the head office
Note: Any information mismatch or tempered document or incomplete form will lead to rejection of the application form.
PU CET, 2017 – Exam Fee
- The application fee for PU CET 2017 is Rs. 1760 for general candidates.
- It is Rs. 880 for SC/ST/Blind candidates.
- The fee payment can be done through the Challan of SBI Bank.
PU CET,2017 – Admit Card
Admit card is issued by the university at its official website puchd.ac.in. Moreover, a link is sent to the registered email id provided by the candidate during filling up of online application form of PU CET, 2017 from where it can be downloaded. Admit card is issued for temporary admission to the examination hall on the day of examination of 2017 edition of PU CET.
Exam Pattern for 2017 PU CET
- Mode of PU CET exam for the year 2017 is Offline.
- Medium of exam – English.
- Number of Sections – 4
- Duration of each section – 70 min.
- No. of questions in each section – 60
- Negative marking – 0.25
- Marks allotted to each question – 2
- Total marks for each section – 120
PU CET, 2017 – Exam Syllabus
The Syllabus for Panjab University Common Enterance Test (CET) 2017 for different subjects is given below:
Mathematics: Sets and Functions, Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability
Physics: PU CET syllabus for 2017 Physics consists of Physical world and measurements, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of system of participles and rigid body, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory, Oscillation and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic Device, Communication systems.
Chemistry : Some Basic concepts of chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and periodicity of properties, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, States of matter, gases and liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, Group 14 Elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and processes of isolation of elements, p- Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Co-ordination compounds, Haloalkenes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds containing nitrogen, Bio-molecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life. This is the syllabus of Chemistry for PU CET 2017 as available on official website.
Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in animals and plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Ecology and its environment
Biotechnology: PU CET 2017 syllabus for biotechnology includes – Introduction to Biotechnology, Bio-molecules, Cell and Development, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Protein and Gene Manipulation, Cell Culture and Genetic Manipulation.
Computer Science : Computer Fundamentals, Introduction to C++, Programming Methodology, Programming in C++, Data Structures, Database Management System and SQL, Boolean Algebra, Networking and Open Source Software.
PU CET, 2017 – Previous Question Papers
To get a rough idea about the exam pattern, syllabus and type of questions, follow these previous year’s question papers for CET that were conducted by Panjab University.
Looking for PU CET 2017 Coaching
Check this out. Click Below for best institutes providing PU CET exam coaching in Chandigarh.