The reason why you get your school report card, aadhar card, driving license, vehicle RC laminated is simple, to save them from water and increase their life. Similarly, Punjab University, Chandigarh will now give away the laminated degrees to students with bar codes. Yes, you heard it right! Degree with bar codes.
In the wake of making digital India, Punjab University and its affiliated colleges are giving away the Quick Response (QR) barcode loaded degrees to over 80,000 students in the upcoming annual convocation scheduled in March this year. The bar code will be similar to the ones that we find on products purchased at the supermarket.
The degrees with a bar code on will be waterproof, which can’t be torn off and will have security chip on it helping in maintain a seamless record of the student hence lessening the verification time for the officials.
The Controller of Examination (CoE), Punjab University believes that initiating this project will reduce the issuance of fake degrees and certificates while it will save the time of the officials
Advantages of Quick Response (QR) code degree:
- The QR code on the degrees will make the verification work easier for the university and the college authorities by scanning.
- It will also be easier for students to get their degrees verified from anywhere. by clicking the codes from mobile, which can later be shown for degree verification from the campus.
- The micro- printing and security thread in the bar code can give away details of the students’ number of enrolment, exam date and exam for which he/ she has appeared.
- The new degrees with bar code will help in keeping a check on fake certificates.
- Facility for online verification will also be available as the students’ details will be uploaded online soon after the convocation.
So, all you students passing out from Punjab University this year, be ready to receive the new avatar of degrees, which will be one of its kind in the history Chandigarh’s educational system.