After Uttar Pradesh it is time for Punjab to get help from the NITI Aayog for its developmental projects. The Government of Punjab has summoned the team of NITI Aayog to bring a transformation in the big development projects of the state and break them free from the long inertia caused due to various reasons. The Punjab government also wants to uplift the social progress index in the state that is under the rule of Congress and MP Captain Amarinder Singh.
The Chief Minister Narendra Modi will discuss the plan with Punjab’s MP in detail along with NITI’s premier think tank. The MP of Punjab Captain Amarinder Singh has previously asked for the Aayog’s help to waive off the impending loans of the farmers in the state of Punjab and to boost the income of the agriculturists.
Punjab’s Upliftment NITI Aayog’s Promise
The NITI Aayog is promising the Punjab Government on behalf of PM Narendra Modi to make developmental changes in the state that will have a long term effect on the society. The officials of the Aayog will visit Punjab soon to evaluate the level of progress made by the state so far and what else is needed to push the progress further.
- The Aayog will suggest measures that are easy to be acted upon
- Require less time and need focused involvement.
- The team leaders will do everything required to make Punjab one of the top performing state
- The PM will also touch the issues concerning central ministries of the state
- After probing into all the issues the Aayog team will create a blue print of the whole plan
- And bring together concerned ministries and top state officials to rectify small issues that are acting as big hurdles
- The NITI Aayog will also suggest some long-term development strategies to solve the issues concerning Social Indices.
About NITI Aayog
The NITI Aayog or National Institution for Transforming India was formed under the guidance of Shri Narendra Modi on January 1, 2015. It is the premier policy “Think Tank” of the Indian Government. THE NITI Aayog works on strategic, long-term policies and delivers technical advice to the Central and State Government. The Aayog brings together the Nation’s states at one platform and promotes Cooperative Federalism. The NITI Aayog has a State of the Art Resource Centre that promotes innovation, strategic planning and deal with unpredictable issues.
The Chairperson of the NITI Aayog is PM Narendra Modi. The team of consultants is lead by the Vice Chairperson Arvind Panagariya along with other members who serve in the institution on full-time basis named Prof. Ramesh Chand, Shri V.K. Saraswat, Shri Bibek Debroy. The Cheif Executive Officer of NITI is Shri Amitabh Kant.