After the declaration of NEET 2017 results by CBSE, now its time to gear up for the counselling process. All those candidates who have successfully cleared the NEET Examination with a good score and aspire for admissions to Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental surgery (BDS) courses in various medical & dental colleges of Punjab must prepare themselves for the counselling process.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, which heads the responsibility for admissions this year, declared on Monday that counselling for admissions to both the courses shall begin on July 17. For the 85% seats in Punjab, there are a total of seven medical colleges and thirteen dental colleges. The total number of seats MBBS aspirants shall apply for are 975 whereas BDS candidates are on a gaining side with 1030 seats.
MBBS seats in Punjab colleges with number of seats
Total Seats : 975
- Govt Medical college, Amritsar – 200
- Govt Medical college, Patiala – 200
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute, Amritsar – 150
- Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar – 150
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot – 100
- Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana – 100
- Christian Medical College and Hospital – 75
BDS seats in Punjab colleges with number of seats
Total Seats : 1030
- Govt Dental College, Amritsar – 40
- Govt Dental College, Patiala – 40
- Dasmesh Institute, Faridkot – 100
- Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College, Ludhiana – 100
- Guru Nanak Dev Dental College, Sunam – 100
- National Dental College, Dera Bassi – 100
- Luxmi Bal Institute of Dental Sciences, Patiala – 100
- Genesis Institute of Dental Sciences, Ferozpur – 100
- Rayat-Bahra Dental College, Sahauran, SAS Nagar – 100
- Sri Sukhmani Dental College, Dera Bassi – 100
- Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha College, Ludhiana – 50
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute, Amritsar – 60
- Christian Dental College, Ludhiana – 40
Only those candidates who qualified in NEET 2017 will be alloted seats in medical colleges in punjab. The allotment of seats to different colleges will be purely based on NEET score of the candidate. Along with a good NEET score the candidate should also qualify the following eligibility criteria :
- Candidates seeking admission to mbbs/bds course must have completed his 17th year of age on the date of admission.
- Candidate must not have crossed his 25th year of age at the time of admission.
Admission 2017 | Counselling Procedure
Submission of online applications
The candidates who have qualified the NEET 2017 can submit their application for admissions online by 11th of july.
After filling in of online application forms, a challan will be generated for depositing the application fee. The students should submit the application fee in university account against the challan so generated. ( any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce or State Bank of India)
Application fee for general candidates : Rs. 5000
Application fee for sc candidates : Rs. 2500
Display of Provisional list
Once the process of online filling of application is over, the university will display the provisional list of the candidates on july 16, 2017.
Filling of counselling form and Choice Making
All those candidates who have made up to the provisional list of the university can submit their counselling forms and preferences of college between 17 to 21 july.
Declaration of Results
After analysing all the parameters the University will display its final result stating the allotment of seats to candidates on July 24, 2017.
The 2nd counselling will take place from august 8 to august 13 and the result for the same would be displayed by 18th of August.
Important points for NRI’s
- Last date for submission of online forms: 1st august
- 15% seats reserved for NRI’s in all private institutes.
Reservation of seats for NRI’s at different govt. Colleges
Govt. Medical College, Patiala: 13 seats
Govt. Medical College, Amritsar: 13 seats
Govt. Dental College, Patiala: 4 seats
Govt. Dental College, Amritsar: 3 seats.
Govt. Institutes : Rs. 4.4 lakh
Pvt Institutes (govt quota) : Rs. 13.4 lakh
Pvt Institutes (mgmt quota) : Rs. 40.3 lakh
Fee for NRI students : US $ 1,10,000
Govt. Institutes : Rs. 3.8 lakh
Pvt Institutes (govt quota) : Rs. 7.6 lakh
Pvt Institutes (mgmt quota) : Rs. 10.2 lakh
Fee for NRI students : US $ 44,000
Also, Check Out