Punjab will be now be having a new cricket stadium very soon. The new cricket stadium in Punjab will be ready by 2020. The Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) will be developing the cricket stadium near Mohali in Mullanpur.
The IS Bindra PCA Stadium in Mohali was built in 1992. PCA stadium is one of the best stadiums in the country but the major concern is the lack of proper parking facilities as the stadium is located in a residential area in Mohali.
New Cricket Stadium Near Mohali
Punjab Cricket Association’s executive committee in 2011 had decided to build a cricket stadium in Mulanpur, near Mohali. As per the plans, the cricket stadium in Mullanpur will be three times bigger than PCA.
PCA’s chief executive officer said that they have acquired 40 acres of land in Mullanpur at the demarcated sports and leisure area. The area has wide roads and also connects Chandigarh and other places in Punjab. He said that the new cricket stadium will be developed in next three years or before three years.
Know More About The Upcoming Cricket Stadium In Punjab
The new cricket stadium in Punjab will be having three grounds. The three grounds would be used for matches, practice. The new cricket stadium in Punjab which is expected to be ready by 2020 will have better facilities than PCA and will also be three times bigger. The construction work for the new stadium has already been started and a boundary wall has been built. The stadium will be built in two phases. The first phase will be in Togan and Tira village. The matches can be hosted after the first phase is completed and the approximate cost of building the first phase is approximately 150 crore. Some things you must know about the new cricket stadium in Mohali:
- The stadium will have a seating capacity of 38,000 people.
- The stadium will have an independent pavilion on the first floor for the players.
- There will be two general stands.
- A corporate pavilion will be made, the media block will be in the north pavilion.
- There will be a provision of sub-surface drainage. The sub-surface drainage will dry the stadium within 30 minutes.
- Rainwater harvesting, solar panels, sewerage treatment plant will also be present.
- There won’t be any hassle while entering the stadium as it will have 16 gates and will also have a provision for the disabled people.
- There will be 4-6 floodlight pillars installed at the new cricket stadium in Mullanpur, near Mohali.
Source: First Post
More from Mohali, Punjab