Ever since the world-renowned musical band Beatles has played and rocked the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 60s, Rishikesh has become an important destination for travelers, on the world map. Rishikesh in Uttarakhand is one of the most thronged tourist places of India due to its religious significance, scenic beauty, rafting and camping. Rishikesh is located in the foothills of the Himalayas on the banks of the holy river Ganga and welcomes numerous tourists and travelers from around the world all the year around.
Here, we bring to you a complete guide for camping in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand along with beach campsites, camping packages, best camping organizers and other details.
Beach Campsites in Rishikesh other than Shivpuri
On the banks of the turquoise colored cascading river, Ganga is located, some of the pristine white sandy beaches that are best-suited camping sites in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand are found. Within the ranges of 12 to 20 km from the main bus stand of Rishikesh lies serene and majestic beach camping site like Shivpuri, Brahmpuri, Kodiyala, Marine Drive, Byasi and many more. Apart from camping, one can soak itself in the lap of nature, do meditation early morning amid calm and serene atmosphere by the river side, witness the evening astir on the Ganga ghat, visit Ram jhoola ( hanging bridge over river Ganga), Lakshman jhoola and Prachin Shiv Mandir (old Shiv temple).
How to Reach Rishikesh for Camping
Rishikesh is a well-known city of district Dehradun in Uttarakhand, which witnesses lakhs and lakhs of visitors every year throughout the year. Apart from camping, rafting, yoga, meditation and ayurvedic spa, many pilgrims from far off places across India and overseas throng to offer their obeisance to gods and goddesses incepted in Rishikesh. The city is well connected by a motorable road, while visitors can also reach here by train or by air. The nearest railway station to Rishikesh is Haridwar or Dehradun, which is just 28 kms and 32 kms away, respectively. The Jolly Grant Airport is just 20 kms away and connects to major cities of India including Delhi, Mumbai and others.
Rishikesh camping cheap packages
Camping in Rishikesh is the best thing to do after white river rafting. The river side of Uttarakhand’s ‘Devbhoomi’, Rishikesh has pristine beaches, amid the lush green forests, that looks surreal and majestic to those who visit this place to unwind and explore Indian terrains. Camping in Rishikesh can start from Rs 1000 for 1 day and 1 night and go up to Rs 20,000 for a luxurious stay. Camping packages in Rishikesh can be customized and the itinerary can be made according to the campers.
Basic camping package in Rishikesh for 1 night and 1 day include
- On arrival to the camping site, campers will be given free welcome drink and refreshments.
- 15- 20 km of rafting up till Brahmpuri, Shivpuri or Marine Drive beach depending upon camping packages selected by the campers.
- Campers while camping in Rishikesh will be provided with a life jacket and a helmet for the safety while rafting
- Cliff jumping/ Body surfing/Trekking to the waterfall /Bungee jumping/ Hiking/ Biking – all on additional cost
- Nature walk
- 3 meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2 servings of tea (morning and evening)
- Evening Snacks including tea, coffee, juice, biscuits
- Campfire by the bank of the river.
- Campers can also enjoy games like volleyball, badminton, any water-sports or can even do yoga/meditation on the Rishikesh beaches.
- Campers can stay in tents with triple sharing basis for groups or solo travelers or on twin sharing basis for couples.
Best camp organizers in Rishikesh
Here are some of the best camp organizers in the jungles and on the beaches of Ganga in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand-
When you talk about the best camp organizers in Rishikesh, then Outbound Adventure is the name that is taken by all. The team of Outbound Adventure is best known for their camping and water sports activities. This Rishikesh-based camp organizer offers best price packages for both- campings only and for camping along with rafting.
Address: Near Hotel Narayana Palace, Haridwar Rishikesh-Badrinath Road, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137
Phone: 094113 42361
Price for camping: Rs 2500 approx
Camp Aqua Forest
Camp Aqua Forest is one of the best camping organizers in Rishikesh that offer luxurious AC Swiss tents. They provide premium camping facilities to those who want to experience the bewildered stay outside the four walls of their palatial houses but retaining all the top-class facilities while staying aloof from the hustle- bustle of the monotonous city life.
Address: Neelkanth Mandir Road, Ghattugad, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249204
Phone: 075794 17534
Price for camping: Rs 5000 approx
Rendezvous Rafters Camp
Rendezvous Rafters Camp is another best camping organizer in Rishikesh, which is known to have really friendly and helpful guides as well as camp managers who will make your camping in Rishikesh becomes a lifetime experience. They offer customized packages for camping as well as of rafting in Rishikesh.
Address: Ratta Pani, Nellkanth Rd, Near Phoolchatti Ashram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249204
Phone: 09897500532 , 09997476630
Price for camping: Rs 2000 approx
Things to carry while camping in Rishikesh
- It is advisable to carry enough clothing, especially full sleeves for the night as it might get cold on the river side while camping in Rishikesh.
- Don’t forget to take along some insect repellent, umbrellas for unpredictable rains of Uttarakhand, sunscreen lotions and moisturizer, ointment or spray for muscle pain and torch to camp on the beaches of Rishikesh.
- Take good care of your belongings and assets on the camping site as well as when involved in water sports. It will be better to leave your jewellery, expensive gadgets and other valuables at home while coming for camping in Rishikesh.
- Word of caution: Those who fear to drown or are hydrophobic should avoid going for rafting while camping in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- Those who want to go for any sort of water activities while camping near Rishikesh river banks should strictly follow the instructions of their guides as they are very well aware of the zones inside and outside water. Avoiding instructions can prove to be injurious or even fatal.
- At the time of emergency, call on 108, government run ambulance service across Uttarakhand that provides immediate medical assistance.
Hopefully, you might have found reading this blog informative enough. We wish that whenever next time you will plan camping in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand you will keep in mind this complete guide for sure with all the details of camping packages, best camp organizers, beach campsites other than Shivpuri and others.