Royal Enfield 750cc Himalayan Finally Confirmed for India Launch | Check Bike Details

It has been quite some time since we saw any new product by Royal Enfield after the Himalayan except or a few leaks that we saw the new 750cc motorcycle in. The news that we bring to you today comes straight from the CEO of Royal Enfield Siddhartha Lal. Speaking to a renowned Motorcycle journalist Siddhartha confirmed that we will definitely get to see a new Royal Enfield Himalayan with a new 750cc engine that the company is currently developing.

The current owners of the Royal Enfield Himalayan have been complaining about the bike being underpowered and the new powerful engine is hoping to fix that.

The new 750cc engine by Royal Enfield will be used in two other bikes initially.

The new engine that the Royal Enfield is developing is the twin cylinder unit with a cubic capacity of 750cc. This engine is rumoured to have been successfully tested in the beefed up version of the Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer. Along with the Continental GT a brand new Street Bike that will rival the Triumph Street Twin is also in the works with the same engine. Both these motorcycles are to be launched early next year. The Royal Enfield Himalayan however has a longer timeline as the CEO stated it might be unveiled in 2019. The new twin cylinder 750cc engine by Royal Enfield makes 50BHP of Power and has 35% more torque than the outgoing model.

Siddhartha Lal also spoke about the business of the Royal Enfield company in the country, He claimed that almost 90% vehicles sold in India by the company are 350cc motorcycles and are therefore the core focus for Royal Enfield. But he also maintained that the other 10% of the motorcycles account to 60,000 units and that by any means is not a small number. Royal Enfield also exports its motorcycles in Europe and Central America where the company intends to debut the new bikes with the 750cc twin cylinder engine.

Price and launch date of new Royal Enfield 750cc Himalayan:

The Europe unveiling will be followed by the India launch in typical Royal Enfield fashion. Expect the new Royal Enfield Himalayan to be launched in India in 2019 at a price o around 4 lakh Rupees.

Source: CarToq


Ishpreet Singh

A sound engineer, blogger, tech geek and a critic are the few words that describe Ishpreet Singh. He is an avid reader, an audiophile, and a huge David Fincher fan - basically all things art. He believes that the true strength of the written word lies not in the one who writes but in the one who reads and is able to comprehend. You can reach Ishpreet at
Back to top button