Jammu and Srinagar, the 2 famous cities of Jammu & Kashmir will soon have ring roads for better transportation. This has been announced by the central government.
The state of Jammu & Kashmir has been sanctioned a sum of Rs. 4,300 crore for the construction of ring roads around Jammu as well as Srinagar. Nitin Gadkari who had announced this news mentioned those ring roads will be constructed to avoid traffic congestion between the two cities. The project is likely to begin withing three months from now.
About ring roads in Jammu & Srinagar
The expenditure to construct ring road in Jammu is estimated as Rs. 2,100 crore and for Srinagar Rs. 2,200 crore approximately. The tender for the Jammu ring road construction has been invited already while for the Jammu ring road, it will be invited in the next two months.
As published on ndtv.com, the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping mentioned that in two years, the construction of the roads worth Rs. 7,000 crores will start. He was even elated on the fact that the Prime Minister has initiated to the construction of the biggest tunnel road in the history of India ever.
Benefits of ring roads in Jammu & Kashmir
- The state attracts a large number of tourists from across the world in both summer and winter season. These ring roads will help in operating smooth traffic.
- The ring roads will lessen the travelling time between the two cities.
- Infrastructural development of the cities
- Job prospects for the locals
Highlights of infrastructural revamp in J&K
Road Transport & Highway and Shipping Ministry is constructing 13 new project in Jammu and Kashmir in order to strengthen the network of roads between various cities of the state. Also, the recently inaugurated Chenani-Nashri tunnel on NH 44 of the state Jammu and Kashmir will now lessen the travelling time of the commuters between Jammu and Srinagar by almost 2 hours and the distance by 31 km.
- Snow Scooters are Now Allowed at Rohtang Pass (Manali) & Tourists are Delighted - 23/06/2017
- NEET 2017 Result Delayed Further | Will Be Out Within This Week & Here’s What You Need To Know - 22/06/2017
- Top 7 Buffet Restaurants in Amritsar (With Price & Other Details) - 22/06/2017
- Indians Can Now Apply Visa for Australia Online | Here’s All That You Need to Know - 21/06/2017
- Dev Samaj College Sector 45 Chandigarh to Become Co-Ed - 21/06/2017