A relative of Himachal Pradesh’s CM, Virbhadra Singh has been crushed by a BMW car in Chandigarh. Akansh Sen (28 years), who was the owner of BoomBox cafe in Sector 9 has been ramped by BMW car near his house in Chandigarh over a tiff between his friend and car owner on Thursday morning.
The car owner ran a car over him 2-3 times by dragging him 50 meters under the tyres. After the accident, Akansh’s friends admitted him in ICU in PGIMER Chandigarh in a very critical condition. On Friday evening Akansh took his last breath and lost his battle between life and death at PGI.
A murder case has been registered against the 2 accused named as Balraj Singh Randhawa (Sohana) and Harmehtab Singh Gill (Landran) under IPC section 302 in Sector 3. Police have conducted search operations to get to the accused but till now police haven’t reached to any of the accused.
About The Incident
Akansh along with his 2 friends was partying on Thursday night, and one of his friends also called both the accused for the party in his house. At mid-night 5 of them started up with the heated conversation that further converted into a fight. After which, both the accused sat in their white BMW and crushed Akansh under the tyres just because of frustration. 2 of his friends witnessed the whole incident and immediately rushed Akansh to PGIMER Chandigarh, where he was admitted in ICU with serious injuries. But unfortunately, he died on Friday evening.
Highlights of the case:
- Akansh was the son of Virbhadra Singh’s wife’s brother and one of the co-owner of BoomBox Cafe at Sector 9, Chandigarh.
- The victim hails from Shimla and moved to Chandigarh few months back to start his business.
- One of the accused (Harmehtab Singh Gill) of the case has been identified as the great-grandson of Gian Singh Rarewala (Former CM of Pepsu state).
- CCTV near the spot where the incident happened is said to be not working.
- There was information that both the accused have been hiding in their farmhouse near Landran, but when the police reached the spot they were chased by pet dogs.
- Family has put allegations over the police of not doing the investigation properly.
- Both the accused hail from SAS Nagar (Mohali).
- At first, police has filed a FIR of an attempt to murder but later it was converted to a murder case.
Before police assumed it as an accident but later when Akansh’s friends narrated the whole story they got sure that it was a murder. Few years back, Akash’s brother also lost his life in an accident and now the family is pleading to hang the accused to death for the crime.