The exam for SSC CGL year 2017 is creating buzz around the nation for its delay. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds a Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for the recruitment in Group ‘C’ & Group ‘B’ Non-gazetted posts in Ministries and Departments of Govt. of India.
The mandate of the SSC is to conduct examinations at a national level to recruit their staff against listed vacancies put up every year. Here’s all the information you would want to know about SSC CGL 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Date
The exam date of SSC CGL 2017 has been announced on the official website of the commission.Following are the important dates to be kept in mind in relation to SSC CGL 2017.
- SSC CGL 2017 ( Tier I ) June 19, 2017 to July 2, 2017
- SSC CGL 2017 ( Tier II ) September 5, 2017 to September 8, 2017
- SSC CGL 2017 ( Tier III ) November 12, 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Notification Delayed
After so many speculations about the SSC CGL exam in 2017, no notification about the number of posts, syllabus and forms have been issued by the official authority yet. It is estimated that the conduction of separate examinations has to be ruled out owing to the common base for qualification.
So, a common competitive exam is speculated to happen to be aided by National Career Portal. NCS is an online portal under the Ministry of Labour and Employment which is expected to conduct this examination, though no such official information has been issued.
But, the delay in issuing of notification earlier speculated to be because of change of exam pattern now has shifted its focus to the authority that would be responsible for conducting the exam. Logo of National Career Service on the Official Website of SSC adds to the much confusion.
2017 SSC CGL Exam Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the exam is:
- Candidate must have completed graduation in his field.
- Candidate should lie between the age group of 18 yrs. to 31 yrs.
Job Posts for SSC CGL 2017 & Eligibility criteria
Posts like IT Inspector/Excise/ CBI(SI) , Asst. Divisional Accountant, Junior Accountant, Auditor, UDC etc. are recruited. Eligibility criteria for these posts are as follows :
1. Asst. Auditor
- Bachelor’s from a recognised Institute or University
- CA or cost & Management Accountant or CS or Masters in Business Studies, Business Economics , Commerce or maybe an MBA (Finance).
2. Statistical Investigator Grade – II
- Bachelor’ from a recognized University or Institute
- Atleast 60% in Maths in +2 or
- Bachelor’s in any degree with Statistics
3. Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree with Economics or Stats or Maths as compulsory or optional
4. All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised equivalent or University
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted at three levels in different patterns. The levels are defined as Tiers and following bifurcation is observed in the SSC CGL exam.
- Tier I – Computer based Exam
- Tier II – Computer based Exam
- Tier III – Descriptive Paper
SSC CGL TIER – I & II Exam
- The exam has 4 sections having 25 questions
- The 4 sections are General Intelligence and reasoning, General awareness, Quantitative aptitude, English comprehension
- Each question carries 2 marks
- Maximum marks for the entire exam is 200
SSC CGL TIER – III Exam
It is a descriptive paper which includes analysing candidate’s writing abilities.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Syllabus
- SSC CGL TIER – I & II
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- English Language:
- Quantitative Aptitude (Q.A.):
- SSC CGL TIER – III
Maximum marks for this section is 100. The following form the syllabus of Tier-III of this esteemed examination.
- Letter Writing
- Application Writing
- Essay Writing
- Precis Writing
Though pretty competitive, like our world but cracking this exam surely take you to places. For all those who crave for a Government job to serve the country, this is an opportunity not to be missed at all. So push yourself beyond limits and buck yourselves up to face the exam of your life. Because Government of India deserves “Nothing but the Best.”
Image Source = Get Only Best