St. John’s High School, Chandigarh is a well known and a prestigious school based in Chandigarh. It is an unaided catholic minority Institution located in Sector-26, Chandigarh. St. John’s is an English medium, all boys private school.
St. Johns Chandigarh has been ranked No. 1 in Punjab & Haryana since last three consecutive years & No. 3 amongst best boys schools in India. St. John’s School Chandigarh was founded in 1959 by the congregation of Christian brothers and is affiliated to C.B.S.E. since 1990. The rank and stature of this school is what makes it a prestigious and a sought after school in Chandigarh.
St. John’s High School, Chandigarh has classes from KG to XII. The first class at this school is KG. If you are a parent and seeking admission for your little boy in St. John’s High School in Sector-26, Chandigarh, following information may prove to be useful for you.
Admission Process at St. John’s, Chandigarh:
The first step for any admission process is to download the admission form. Forms are available online on the website of St. John’s High school, Chandigarh.
The application forms will be available only from December 01, 2016 to December 12, 2016.
Filling the Admission Form:
There are five pages in the application form which needs to be downloaded, printed and duly filled along with the necessary passport sized photographs. Thereafter, the hard copy of the form needs to be submitted at the school along with the payment of Rs. 100.
Hard copies of following documents need to be attached with the application form. The attached copies should be well scrutinized and should be attested by a gazetted officer/Notary/1st Class Magistrate.
- Birth Certificate – The names that you fill on the application form must exactly match with that on child’s birth certificate. The birth certificate should be in accordance to the provision of registrations of births and deaths act, 1969 and must contain name of the child as well as the parents
Proof of Current Address:
- A proof of current residence is required. For residence proof, any one of the below listed documents can be attached. (If parents are living in separate accommodations, parents must tick both the proofs of residence separately)
- Latest Electricity bills
- Latest BSNL landline phone bill
- Latest water bill
- Valid rent deed with copy of tenants’ police verification
- Baptism certificate/ Dedication Certificate of the child.
- A letter from the respective Parish priest/pastor testifying to the membership of their parish & their active participation in the church.
- School leaving certificate/ class 10 passed certificate
- Membership card of SAOSA
- List detailing the support given to SAOSA
- For those who have siblings in the school, birth certificate of the child with parents’ name is needed to tally the details.
- Copy of Child’s Adhaar card.
- For Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste/ Other Backward Class – Certificates of the parents/ child issued by the appropriate authority to prove them as SC/ ST/OBC.
- For single Parents – suitable documents showcasing legal custody of the child.
- For Legal Guardian (if any) – suitable documentation to show the legal custody of the child.
- Recent Passport sized photograph of the child (not more than a month old) with the child’s name and date of taking the photograph printed below. Also, Postcard sized latest photograph of the parents with the child and siblings only is also required that should not more than a month old)
For Foreign National:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa + Residential permit or PIO card/OCI card
For children who are differently able:
- Medical/ Learning disability certificate from PGI/GMCH Sec-32/Sec-16 Govt. Hospital or any other government hospital. (In case of learning disability, the certificate is required from the psychiatry department of PGI)
- Detailed Assessment Report.
Depositing the Admission Form:
The application form needs to printed and filled. The required documents need to be notarized/ attested and these attested photocopies should be attached with the application form. The hard copy of the application form and the attested photocopies of the documents can be submitted at the school itself till mid December (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays) between 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. No forms shall be accepted after mid December. At the time of submission of the forms, a sum of Rs. 100 is to be deposited with each downloaded form. Only one form per ward is allowed and in case more than one application is received, it will lead to cancellation of that application to be considered for the draw.
Eligibility Criteria at St. John’s High School, Chandigarh:
- Total No. of seats in KG class at St. John’s Chandigarh = 160.
- Only the boys who are born between 1st April, 2012 & 31st march, 2013 are eligible to apply for admission. (2017 session). There shall not be any screening for the children or the parents.
- Preference shall be given to Christians, Siblings, Wards of Alumni, Management & wards of staff. But preference does not guarantee admission.
Admission Lucky draw at St. John’s, Chandigarh:
After the application has been submitted, admission process will comprise of a lucky draw of lots. Parents can attend the ceremony at the school premises.
It’s a firm belief of St. John’s, Chandigarh that children should not be exposed to stress of long journey. So, St. John’s High School Chandigarh takes admissions from only the residents within the Chandigarh MC limits, Mohali MC limits, Panchkula city area & Panchkula Extn. I (Sector 22-32). St. John’s, Chandigarh does not hold any special responsibility to provide transport and encourages people to take admissions near their residence. But, there are a few contractors plying bus services for the school under an agreement with the school. Students can apply for this if seats permit. Selection for free and open seats, if available, will be made by a draw of lots on 18th January, 2016 (Wednesday) at 3:00 PM at school premises.
Fee Structure of St. John’s High School, Chandigarh:
Admission Fee = Rs. 25,000.
Total Fee = Rs. 48,440.
(Tuition fee may increase by 10% this year. The current fee structure for the session 2016-17 is given on the website of St. John’s High School, Chandigarh).
(Nominal increase in other charges shall also be there apart from 10% increase in the session 2017-18)