Chandigarh, the city beautiful had made it to the list of Smart city of India in 2016. To match up to the criteria of smart city project, UT administration is working hard for the development of the city. Step by step UT administration is taking the development to the next level. As a part the smart city project, UT administration has initiated a construction of a subway (underground way) between Rose Garden and Sector 17 Plaza. The process for the same has also been started.
Highlights of the Underground Way
The direct connectivity through underground way between Rose Garden and Sector 17 plaza has been made under the smart city project. The documentation for the same has been completed. The engineering department is all set to start the construction process.
- The underway will be developed in 8 acres of area near Sector 17 football stadium.
- Rs. 11.5 crore has been set as the estimated cost for this project.
- E-rickshaws and bicycle sharing points will be developed.
- It will also have a food court, green spaces, walking track and an arena for the cultural hub.
- The best thing is that nothing has to be dismantled or closed down for the construction.
With the plan of underground subway, we can expect that it will surely add more charm to the beauty of the beautiful city Chandigarh.
Benefits of Sector 17 Chandigarh – Rose Garden Subway
After coming up of the malls in the city, Sector 17 has been converted into a dessert in terms of crowd. The main aim of the UT administration is to increase the footfall in Sector 17 Plaza.
- It is expected that 80% of the visitors of Rose Garden will definitely visit Sector 17 Plaza after the underground way would be opened.
- It would provide a direct connectivity for tourists between Sector 17 & Rose Garden.
Under the smart city work project, the UT administration will be getting Rs. 100 crore from the Ministry of Finance in the year 2017- 2018. It is expected some more surprises are awaiting in the list of development of the city from the UT administration. But till then, let’s look forward to the subway between Sector 17 and Rose Garden, Chandigarh.
Also, Check Out