Launched in 2016, Tata Tiago has made its way to the list of top 10 selling cars in India. This figure for Tata Tiago is for the month of June. With the help of Tata, the company was able to sell 5, 438 units of Tata Tiago in June. This figure of Tata Tiago sale helped it to secure the 10th position again in the list of top 10 selling cars in India.
Tata Tiago did it again
As per a report by Economic Times this is for the second time since the launch of Tata Tiago that it has made it in the list of top 10 selling cars in the country. It was November 2016 when the company sold 6008 units and secured the 10th position among the 10 most sold cars in India in the month of November.
It is notable that the home-grown automaker Tata Motor’s Tata Tiago had a tough competition in the segment but Tata’s passenger vehicle Tiago was able to taste success in the compact hatchback segment.
What makes Tata Tiago a top seller?
- Launched in 2016 at a price of Rs 3.4 lakh (Approximate) made Tata Tiago one of the affordable hatchbacks in the country.
- With 17 different variants it has a lot to offer to the clients.
- The price range of the Tata Tiago that starts from Rs 3.28 lakh (After GST) for the base model and goes up to Rs 5.8 lakhs (After GST) for the top end variant makes the Tata Tiago an economically fully loaded hatchback at this price.
- Tata’s hatchback Tiago transformed Tata Motors outlook in the automotive industry in India because of its design, performance and pricing.
- Tata Tiago’s strong presence led the company’s surge in sales.
- Tata’s Tiago has already crossed the one lakh sales milestone which clearly means that the hatchback by Tata is being loved by the Indian customers.
The Tata Tiago is directly in competition with some of the market leaders in the hatchback segment which include
- Hyundai Grand i10,
- Renault Kwid,
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Datsun Redi-go
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Chevrolet Beat
The competition of Tata Tiago with these hatchbacks is because of the specific segment as well as because of the price that it carries. The revised prices after the GST roll-out has further reduced the prices of this hatchback by Tata and has made Tiago one of the top sellers in the segment with a slight increase in sale in the month of June 2017.
Source: News 18