Here comes the good news for all those who are planning to go to Shila during the summer vacations. Northern Railways have planned to put in 2 luxury trains in Shimla- Kalka track. Both the new trains between Kalka and Shimla will be called as ‘Duplicate Shivalik Express’.
The 2 luxury trains from Kalka to Shimla will operate from 1st May 2017. The Railways have also come out with the schedule and timing of both the trains. People can travel by bus or train from Panipat to Kalka and the journey ahead upto Shimla can be covered by ‘Duplicate Shivalik Express’.
Timing of Special train in Kalka- Shimla Track
Northern Railways have declared the schedule of the new trains between Shimla and Kalka, which will start running from 1st May. New Duplicate Shivalik Express will take a total of 5 hours 45 minutes to reach to Shimla from Kalka.
- The first train will leave at 6:30 AM from Kalka and reach Shimla by 12:15 PM.
- The second train will run after 1 hour of the first train.
- The same train will return from Shimla by around 3:30 PM and reach Kalka at 9:15 PM.
- Online booking for the train tickets can be done in reservation counters.
- Those who have their names on the waiting list of Shivalik Express will get the confirm seat in the first Duplicate Shivalik Express.
- If the name remains on the waiting list then it will get confirmed in the second train.
As per the railways, with the start of these 2 trains around 500 more people will enjoy the ride of toy trains during their journey between Kalka and Shimla.
Trains from Kalka to Shimla
As of now, a total number of 5 toy trains are running between Kalka and Shimla. With these 2 new trains, the number of toy trains between these 2 cities will go to 7. Kalka Shimla Rail Motor reach Shimla in just 4 hours 20 minutes.
- Kalka Shimla NG Passenger.
- Kalka Shimla Rail Motor.
- Shivalik Delux Express.
- Kalka Shimla NG Express.
- Himalayan Queen.
So what are you waiting for? Make your summer vacation a chilling one, by enjoying a ride on the new toy trains between Shimla and Kalka. Book your tickets now, because thousands of people are planning to visit Shimla this summer.