A good news for all fans of Apple. The tech giant which is keen on focusing on the Indian market now, announced a price cut on its products on the second day of July, 2017. The slash in Apple electronics range to as much as 7.5%.
While most reports suggest that the price cut comes in the wake of GST implementation from July 1, the officials at Apple disregard the statement.
Apple’s Strategy behind Price Reduction in India
Apple in the past year has remained determined with firm focus eyeing the Indian market. This increased interest of the US based company is a result of a combination of factors. First, immense marketing potential in the Indian market. Second, the boost provided by Make-in-India Campaign. Third, favouritism towards Apple products. Apart from these, there are a number of reasons such as reduced cost of production, cheap labour, rising standards of living in India and many more that contribute to Apple’s success story in the Indian Subcontinent.
An Apple official, commenting upon the price reduction policy said that it bears no relation to GST and is only aimed at re-forming the company’s position in the challenging Indian market.
Revised Apple Products Prices in India
Here’s a list of exact price cuts made to different models. Take a look at their new improvised prices.
- iPhone 7 Plus 32 GB dropped from Rs 72,000 to Rs 67,30
- iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB variant now for Rs 72,000
- iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB variant now for Rs 85,400
- iPhone 7 32 GB dropped from Rs 60,000 to Rs 56,200
- iPhone 7 128 GB variant now for Rs 65,200
- iPhone 7 256 GB variant now for Rs 74,400
- iPhone 6s Plus – from Rs 60,000 to 56,100
- iPhone SE – from Rs 27,200 to Rs 26,000
Apart from Apple iPhones, prices of other Apple tech including iPads, Macs and Apple Watch have also been slashed.
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro (64 GB) dropped to Rs 50,800
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro (256 GB) dropped to Rs 58,300
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro (512 GB) dropped to Rs 73,900
- Cellular models of 10.5 inch iPad Pro have fallen to Rs 61,400 for 64 GB, Rs 68,900 for 256 GB, and Rs 68,900 for 512 GB
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 64 GB now available at Rs 70,900 and 256 GB at Rs 86,400
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (512 GB) from over Rs 1 lakh to Rs 97,000
- 9.7-inch iPad 32 GB runs down from Rs 28,900 to Rs 28,000 and 128 GB from Rs 36,900 to 35,700
- Apple 21.5-inch iMac (2.3 GHz) (Non-Retina), which was priced at Rs 90,900 now costs Rs Rs 90,200. (Reuters)
- Apple Watch (Series 1) at Rs 22,900 from Rs 23,900
- Apple Watch (Series 2) at Rs 31,600 from Rs 32,900
We finally come to conclude that Apple’s Price-Cut Policy will be a win-win situation for both, the company and the consumers in India. However, it might become hard to market the product. This strategic move will further consolidate Apple’s footing in the Indian market. If you are into this business, you might need some Best SEO company India to be on the top. You might also have to go for some good PPC Management Company to run and optimize paid campaigns. On the other hand, we guess that buyers will get the benefit from the price cut.