For Bajaj Auto, the year 2017 had been eventful so far and with the announcement to add on another bike to its Pulsar range — the Bajaj Pulsar NS160, the two-wheeler manufacturer has set the ball rolling in the automobile industry and the bike enthusiasts are anxiously waiting for the machine to take it on for a test ride!
As reported by Financial Express, the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 is expected to be launched by July this year. The launch of Bajaj Pulsar NS160 will add on to the existing number of Bajaj Pulsar range.
What are the Pulsar Models other than Bajaj Pulsar NS160
- Pulsar RS 200
- Pulsar AS 200/150
- Pulsar NS 200
- Pulsar 220
- Pulsar 180
- Pulsar 150
- Pulsar 135 LS
Launch date of Pulsar NS160
Bajaj Pulsar NS160 is already in the products list in Turkey, Nepal, Indonesia and some other countries and this newest in the Bajaj Pulsar range, the NS (Naked Sport) 160 is one of the much-awaited and much talked about motorcycles in the country that everyone is eagerly waiting for. What makes this two-wheeler an eye candy is its styling resembling the NS 200 model, though it is based on the Pulsar AS 150 which is already running on the Indian roads.
Bajaj Pulsar NS160’s Contenders
Bajaj Pulsar NS 160 will be a premium offering from the manufacturer and it plans to compete against the Honda CB Hornet 160R, Suzuki Gixxer and TVS Apache RTR 160. No, this would not affect the existing Pulsar 150 in the same segment, and is not at all going to be replaced as the Pulsar 150 is one of the best-selling motorcycles in the Pulsar profile.
Specification of NS 160
- The the same perimeter frame will be used for the smaller version of the (NS) naked sport 160 motorcycle
- The bike gets a single-cylinder 160.3 cc four-stroke engine which is oil cooled.
- The bike will have a five-speed gearbox.
- The single-cylinder motorcycle would deliver 15.2 bhp of power and 14.6 Nm of peak torque.
- A Nitrox mono shock at the rear will offer a comfortable ride whereas a set of 37 mm telescopic forks will add to the comfort.
- The NS 160 measures 2,105mm (Length), 800mm (width) and 1,220mm (height).
- The wheelbase of NS 160 is 1,363mm.
- The two-wheeler has a kerb weight of 135 kg.
- The fuel tank capacity is 12 litres.
- The bike comes with the option of a single-channel ABS but gets a single 240mm disc brake at the front and a 130mm drum brake at the rear as standard fitment.
- The motorcycle rides efficiently on bumpy roads with 17-inch wheels though the tyre size in the front is 80/100 whereas an 110/80 tyre will support the rear rim.
- Clip on handle bars.
- AHO (automatic headlamp on).
- Digital-analogue instrument console.
- An underbelly exhaust
- New fuel filler cap.
- Split seats and
- LED tail lamps
Loaded with attractive safety and styling features, the latest offering from the house of Bajaj Autos definitely looks cool and appears to be a must have in the garage for the youth. The accessories and standard fitments would depend after the official launch of the vehicle and the prices would vary after GST!
Every Indian’s Bajaj – ‘Hamara Bajaj’
Its time to get nostalgic as this ad would transport you to the 90’s era and would undoubtedly make every Indian feel that the ‘Bajaj’ belongs to them. The ‘Indian connect’ you know!