CBSE NEET 2017 Result, Cut Off, Counselling & Admission Procedure with Dates

Central Board of Secondary Education has released the much awaited result for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) on June 23rd, 2017. The Supreme Court directed the board not to delay the result further. NEET is a national level entrance test in India for students who wish to take admission into Medical courses like MBBS And BDS.  The announcement of result  has brought about a relieve to the all students who were anxiously waiting for the results. Students can check their results from CBSE’s official website.

Nearly 11 lakh students appeared in the examination, of which 6.11 students succeeded in qualifying the exam. The examination was held on may 7 this year. Of 6.11 lakh students who qualified the exam 266221 were male aspirants while 345313 were females. Eight transgenders also appeared for the exam out of which five have qualified the NEET 2017.

CBSE NEET 2017 Cut-Off

As against the expectations, the cutoff score for NEET 2017 is lower than the previous year. The cutoff score for candidates in the unreserved category remained 131, while for Physically handicapped candidates cut off score remained 118 marks and for all other candidates, it is 107 marks.

Top Rankers – CBSE NEET 2017

Navdeep Singh from Punjab bagged the First rank at all India level with 697 marks and while he was followed by Archit Gupta with AIR 2 scoring 695 marks and Manish Mulchandani AIR 3 with 695 marks, both second and third rank holders are from Madhya Pradesh.


CBSE NEET 2017 – Counselling Procedure

Candidates who have cleared the cut off marks can now register themselves for the counselling process. The NEET Counselling 2017 will start from the 3rd of July.

The counselling is done at two levels, one by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% All India Seats and other by respective state government authorities for remaining 85% seats.

Counselling schedule for NEET 2017 for 15% All India Quota is as follows:

Registration for Counselling- 3 July to 11 July (upto 5 p.m)

Choice Filling- 5th July

Exercising of Choices and Locking- 12th July (upto 5 p.m)

Seat Allotment days are on 13th and 14th July 2017.

Result Declaration date has been fixed as 15th July.

Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College- 16th to 22nd July.

Alternate Medical Courses

For Candidates who could not perform well at the NEET Examination and are looking for some alternate courses in the medical sector can seek admission to courses like  BAMS/BHMS, B.Sc. Biotechnology, B.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Sc. in Biological Sciences and B.Sc. in Forensic Sciences.



Ebullient is how you would best describe Aakanksha. she's a young witty girl who loves to explore hidden little worlds.A graduate and to be Company Secretary, nothing can keep her from adventures. Purely dedicated to work in hand, it is no piece of Cake to beat her!
Back to top button