Delhi Nursery Admission Dates Released | Admissions to Begin From December 27

The admission process for nursery classes in Delhi is going to commence on December 27 for the academic session 2018-19. The admission process will be conducted for 1700 schools across Delhi. Admission to nursery classes will be conducted to fill up 75 percent of total seats. The remaining 25 percent is reserved for the economically weaker sections and will be filled by the Central government. All the schools will upload their admission criteria by December 26. The application forms for nursery admission will be made available on December 27.

Delhi Nursery Admission Important Dates

The application process for nursery admissions in Delhi will start on December 27. Parents will be allowed to submit the admission forms latest by January 17, 2018. All the schools in Delhi will upload the detailed marks list on February 2 and release the list of selected candidates on February 15. Schools will release the second list of selected candidates on February 28 and subsequent admission list on March 15. The nursery admission process will finally close on March 31, 2018.

Delhi Nursery Admission 2018 Based on Point System

Schools will conduct the nursery admission in Delhi on the basis of the point system. All the schools will upload their admission criteria on the official website against which points will be allotted to each child. Schools are free to select the criteria and allot the points to children. However, schools cannot use the discriminatory criteria listed by the government in January 2016. The Delhi High Court upheld the discriminatory criteria which include ‘first born’, ‘special ground’ and ‘status of child’ etc.

Points will be given for neighborhood and siblings studying in the same school. Many schools allot maximum points for the neighborhood criteria to the children living with the 0 to 3 km radius of the school. All the schools will upload their list of criteria on the official website for nursery admissions Delhi. The admission criteria include points like siblings studying in the same school, parents as alumni, distance from school, girl child and single parent among others latest by December 26. The Delhi nursery admission process is expected to be completed by March 31. Parents can visit the official website for more details regarding the nursery admissions in Delhi.


Asma Hafiz

Asma is a passionate Writer, Blogger, and Columnist. She writes about automobiles, education, entertainment, technology, spirituality, and exciting events. Being a marketing graduate and content marketer she makes the best use of her knowledge and skills to express ideas in her writings. You can reach Asma at
Back to top button