An earthquake of moderate density measuring 4.7 on Richter scale hit Haryana today during early morning hours. The impact of the earthquake was felt all over Haryana and Delhi NCR areas including Noida, Faridabad, Gurugram and New Delhi. Although the magnitude of this earthquake was on the lower side, it was strong enough to shake the entire region.
News about the earthquake spread like wildfire as people took to social media sites – Facebook and Twitter to post updates early in the morning. Many people were sleeping at the time the earthquake came. The exact time when this earthquake hit Haryana and Delhi NCR region was 4:26 AM.
Earthquake in Haryana, Delhi
There were no reports of the earthquake by weather department or other agencies that keep an eye on earthquakes around the world. People in Rohtak, Haryana were taken by a shock and rushed out of their homes. Strong tremors were felt all across the Delhi NCR region and other cities of Haryana. However, no casualties were reported from any area till now.
According to a MET report published by Economic Times, the epicentre of the earthquake was located 14 km from Kharkauda, a small town in Rohtak, Haryana. It is estimated that the earthquake originated about 22 kilometres deep inside the earth due to a clashing of plates.
The earthquake’s magnitude was 4.7 and we guess some more aftershocks can be felt. However, there were no news reports about any aftershocks of this earthquake from Haryana or New Delhi.
Image Source – Livemint
- Skoda Octavia 2017 Facelift Model is Here in India | Know Design Changes & New Features - 26/06/2017
- Manushi Chhillar From Haryana Wins Femina Miss India World 2017 Title (Pics) - 26/06/2017
- Moto E4 Plus is Coming to India with Massive 5000 mAH Battery | Know Price & Specs - 25/06/2017
- Reliance (Jio 4G Sim) & (JioFi) Can Now Be Delivered to Your Home Absolutely Free | Here’s How - 25/06/2017
- Chadra – Kamal Khan & Kuwar Virk | (Official Video) - 20/06/2017