HTC U11’s smartphone with the new ‘Edge sense’ feature has been launched in India at a price of Rs 51,990. The HTC U11 is up for pre-booking from today i.e. June 17, while the phone will go on sale on Amazon India and offline channels in the last week of June 2017.
The HTC U11 comes with a 5.5-inch screen with a Quad-HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) resolution. The panel, a Super LCD 5, is the same that HTC used in the U Ultra and it’s still as gorgeous as ever. Colours look every bit as rich and vibrant, if not as over saturated and eye-popping. The phone has excellent viewing angles and outdoor legibility is also spot on. There’s an option to manually correct colour temperature and a night-mode that turns them to the warmer end of the spectrum when enabled.
The HTC U11 is powered by 6GB RAM and 128GB internal memory which is further expandable via a hybrid micro-SD card slot and clubbed with a 2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor. That is as high end as it can be at this point of time.
Features and Specifications of HTC U11 Phone
HTC U11 Squeezable feature aka Edge Sense
HTC U11 comes with something called Edge Sense, where a user can squeeze the smartphone to set certain commands and functions. The feature can be customised to open an email app, open the camera app, take a picture, or open game or activate any of the voice assistants.
The HTC U11 ‘squeeze’ gesture can be customised by the user for whatever action they prefer. HTC’s Edge Sense can be used even with gloves on, and the phone will work fine.
Features of HTC U11, India
Display & Body
- Display- 5.5 inches Super LCD 5 capacitive touchscreen (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- Phone measures 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9 mm
- RAM- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Weight- 169 grams
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Processor
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
Battery & Storage
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mah battery with fast charging tech
- 64 GB inbuilt storage can be expanded up to 256 GB
- Talktime Up to 24 h 30 min (3G)
HTC U11 Features
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Water Resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- 4G VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.2,
- GPS / A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3.1 USB
- Compass, and proximity sensor
- No FM-Radio
- Fingerprint (front-mounted)
HTC U11 Camera
- 12 Megapixel rear camera with f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 16 Megapixel front camera
- Camera features includes Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Amazing Silver
- Sapphire Blue
- Brilliant Black
- Ice White, Solar Red
HTC U11 is priced at Rs 51,990, which is lower than the launch price of the original HTC U Ultra. The earlier smartphone was originally launched in India at Rs 59,990 in India. With the HTC U11, the company has taken an aggressive pricing this time around.
The HTC e-store in India will start with pre-orders for the HTC U11 from today i.e. June 17. Customers who pre-order will also get a free HTC Flip cover worth Rs 1,999.