A Major Fire Broke out at the SAC (Space Research Facility) of the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) Ahmedabad today afternoon. One CISF Personnel was injured in the fire incident. Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt and other AFES Official rushed to the spot after being alerted about the incident.
Major Fire Breaks Out at ISRO Ahmedabad Research Centre
According to the AFES (Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services) official, A major Fire broke out this afternoon at the Research Centre inside the SAC campus. 25 Fire tenders pressed into the service to control the fire after being alerted about the fire incident at SAC, ISRO.
According to the Additional Chief Officer of AFES, To douse the fire completely it would take a couple of hours. The thermocol sheets inside the building are still burning and emitting smoke. He additionally said that the fire has now brought under control and no one was injured in the fire incident.
#WATCH: Fire broke out due to short circuit in the machinery department at Ahmedabad’s Space Applications Centre. 20 fire tenders & 10 ambulances at the spot, 1 CISF personnel injured. pic.twitter.com/rROWwQl4vL
— ANI (@ANI) 3 May 2018
According to the tweet of ANI, The Fire in the ISRO SAC broke out due to the short circuit in the machinery department of SAC. 10 ambulances were soon rushed to the spot. According to Vikrant Pandey, Ahmedabad District Collector, The fire will not spread to the other buildings on the premises. He further added that all the teams are at the site and they will soon bring the fire under control.
Source – Money Control