The Counselling of NEET 2017 for admissions to MBBS and MDS courses began from Monday, 3rd July. It is being held for All India quota for allotment of around 13000 MBBS and BDS seats. As per the given Schedule by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee), the registration process started yesterday from 12 noon onwards. All those candidates who qualified NEET 2017 can register themselves for the same online during the stipulated time. The registrations will be open till 11th of July (up to 5 pm).
Here are all the necessary details for NEET 2017 Counselling
- The Counselling is being conducted for 15% All India Quota Seats only.
- The states will conduct separate counselling process for admissions to state quota seats.
- Counselling is being held by online mode only.
NEET 2017 – Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- All the candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
It should be noted that states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir do not take part in the central pool, hence, colleges from these states will not participate for admissions under 15% All India Quota. These states have all the 100% seats under their state quota.
Step Wise Procedure for NEET 2017 Counselling
NEET 2017 Counselling will be conducted in 2 rounds only. Here is the complete procedure for the same.
- Firstly candidates need to register themselves. The registrations for counselling are open from 3rd to 11th
- After registrations, the registered candidates will be required to mark their choices of preferred colleges on 12 th July 2017.
- Once the choices are made, candidates should lock their choices. The locked choices will start appearing on the candidate’s screen.
- The Seat Allotment Process for Round 1 will commence from 13th July, under which the candidates will be allotted seats according to their choices made and NEET 2017 Ranks.
- The results for Round 1 will be published on 15th
- All the candidates who have successfully bagged seats in medical and dental colleges will be required to report to their respective colleges from 16th July up to 22nd
Documents required at the time of Admission
Candidates do not require to submit any documents at the time of online counselling for NEET 2017, however at the time of joining in the allotted college candidates shall have to take along original documents along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the following documents:
- 10th Certificate
- 12th Certificate
- NEET 2017 Admit Card
- NEET 2017 Rank Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Six Passport Size Photographs
- Identity Proof
- Birth Certificate
MBBS and BDS Classes for 2017-2018 academic year will commence from August 4, 2017.