Punjab government is working towards proving jobs to youth in the state. As promised to the voters during the Punjab state assembly elections, the Capt.
Amarinder Singh led Congress government is now taking an initiative to create prospects for youth employment in Punjab. The Punjab government is now contemplating to join hands with the two main strong taxi aggregates of India, Uber and Ola to offer jobs to the youth of Punjab.
The Congress had assured via its poll manifesto to initiate ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’ scheme in Punjab to help the jobless lot. The party had promised if it comes into power, the jobless youth will be provide with one lakh taxis and some light commercial vehicles every year at some discounted rates.
Those who wish to benefit from the scheme doesn’t even require to pay any sort of initial security amount and can payback it in 5 years.
About newly framed transport policy in Punjab
The Punjab government will soon declare the newly drafted transport policy that is initiated to break the monopoly of the public transport system in Punjab. The party believes that doing this enhance the prospects of jobs for youth and will allow others to be a part of the transportation industry.
As per the directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, the new policy should be framed by May 15, 2017.
As per the new transport policy of Punjab
The offices of 22 district transport offices will be revamped and will have transparent dealings.
- Online procedure for the application of driving licences will be started by SAARTHI of National Informatics Centre.
- Even the registration of vehicles will be done online by VAAHAN.
- Apart from inspection of the existing permits, the new transport policy will invite various stakeholders and private players for consultations.
- The Punjab Chief Minster has also directed the Transportation department to enhance their services by having professional approach towards work.
- He has also guided the vehicle authorities to be more efficient and bring all the cases into the account of the sub divisional magistrates.
What else may be included in the new transport policy of Punjab
- Manpreet Badal, Finance Minister suggested to introduce a some integrated coaches of buses for the premium lot for inter-city roads.
- Installation of CCTV cameras in buses to enhance travel safety.
- The registration charges for vehicles may reduce to come at par with the neighbouring states, once GST is implemented.
Hope this step would be beneficial for the youth of Punjab.