Every year Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) releases the list of top colleges, universties and institutes in India. As per 2017 list of top 100 institutes in the country, 5 of the Punjab institutes have made to be on the list on various ranks. And that too these 5 higher educational institutes from Punjab have cleared competitions in ‘Overall’ category. After Delhi, Punjab is also becoming students hub in terms of higher education.
Top Colleges and Universities in Punjab (2017)
The recent list of top 100 institutes in India ranked 5 colleges and Universities in Punjab in different rank in the list. So here are the list of Punjab colleges and Universities that have made it to the list of top colleges revealed by MHRD in India this year.
- IIT Ropar (Ranked 32 in the list)
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana (Got Rank 40)
- The Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research, Mohali (Ranked 52)
- Thapar University, Patiala (Ranked 75 in the list)
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana (Got Rank 81)
It feels great to see these educational institutions of the list, but there are some other great colleges that have been left behind from the list. Punjabi University (Patiala) and Patiala Technical University (PTU) has failed to make it to the list released by MHRD. Even the private university LPU is not in the list.
Top Colleges and Universities in Punjab (2016)
The list has observed many changes as compared to the last year’s list released by the MHRD. Some of the institutes that lost their names or has dropped in the list from last year are –
- GNDU Amritsar was in 25th rank in Universities category.
- Even PTU gained 54th rank Universities category in 2016.
- IIT Ropar secured 9th rank in engineering category in 2016.
- Last year, NIPER Mohali and ISF Moga bagged 2 and 21 rank respectively in top pharmacy institutes.
We hope next year some more colleges and universities of Punjab to be in this list and make Punjab an educational hub of India. So that no students have to move abroad for the higher studies.
Also, Check Out