Amritsar in Punjab goes smart and green as electric cars and buses soon would be plying on the Punjab roads. As Chinese major Zhuhai Yinlong has sent a proposal to set up a manufacturing unit in Punjab to produce electrical vehicles in the state, Punjab’s CM and authorities are all set to go forth with the green initiative with the aid of Chinese firms. Proposed as a pilot project in Punjab, commencing from Amritsar being an international city , Zhuhai Yinlong proposal gets a nod of affirmation from the authorities to launch electric cars and buses in Amritsar for public and commercial use.
Punjab’s Chinese Collaboration for Electric Vehicles
For financial assistance to execute a series of projects and programmes Zhuhai Yinlong New Energy Co Ltd. would sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Punjab government in Amritsar city. Materialising the pact through ZTEsoft Technologies, setting up of an altogether new manufacturing unit for production of electric vehicles plying on Punjab roads is a great initiative in the right direction whose receiving end lies in Amritsar.
As reported by Bussiness Standard the company CEO, India, led a delegation of Zhuhai Yinlong New Energy Co Ltd to discuss the plan of electric cars in Amritsar with the Amarinder Singh, CM Punjab. The meeting included discussion on projects and programmes such as smart technologies, startup activities, development in the areas of IT, venture funding, incubation and ePragati.
Here’s What Will Change
Besides the proposal for the pilot project, the Chinese firm given the authority to go forth with the project has made the following proposals :
- Provision of mobile handsets for the smart phone scheme launched by Punjab government
- This is one of the key pre-poll promises made by the Congress party in Punjab
- The Punjab state government is all set to launch the drive to fulfil its pre-poll promises in the state
- Sustainable development to occur in Amritsar region with electric cars
- Punjab Government to become energy efficient and environment friendly with electric cars
- Launch of electric vehicles to begin from Amritsar in Punjab
- Extension to happen in other major smart cities of Punjab like Ludhiana & Jalandhar after Amritsar
- The electric vehicles pilot project to be implemented in phases beginning from Amritsar for efficient operation
Punjab Goes Green : Pilot project Launch
It is worth mentioning here that many auto manufacturing honchos in India such as Mahindra and Mahindra and Tata, and industrial tycoon Ambanis had already approached the state government showing keen interest to investment in the Punjab state in the electric vehicle project starting from Amritsar. Auto maker Mahindra & Mahindra is already under consideration for a similar project in Amritsar to manufacture electric vehicles in the state. It is believed that the government would materialise this project too making collaborations with Indian manufacturing companies along with the Chinese firm in Amritsar city of Punjab.
So, here’s to the efforts by the Punjab Government towards a greener future !
Source : BS
More from Amritsar: