It’s time for all the travellers and bag packers to pack their bags and leave for an expedition as Rohtang pass for all the vehicles has been opened. Rohtang Pass- Leh, one of the most beautiful and also one the most dangerous routes in the world. It is also rated among the world’s riskiest roads by BBC.
Rohtang Pass is a must visit for all the people who are fond of travelling and capturing mesmerising views. Rohtang Pass is the gateway to Ladakh, one of most beautiful places on the planet. Rohtang Pass, the 13,050 ft high has been opened today for all the vehicles. The Border Roads Organisation is working hard to clear the snow from Keylong-Sarchu highway and it is expected that the Manali-Leh highway will also be opened on May 25, 2017.
Don’t Forget To Thank The Jawans And Officers
The chief engineer of the Border Roads Organisation inspected Rohtang Pass and was impressed with the way the Jawans and the officers have collectively worked to clear the snow on the Manali-Sarchu highway. He also discussed strategies with the Jawans and officers to clear the Keyong-Sarchu and Gramphu-Kaza road.
The jawans and officers have done an amazing job by clearing the snow till Patseo. The Border Roads Organisations will continue maintaining the road to Rohtang pass even after the Rohtang Tunnel completion.
By June end, the Graph-Kaza road would be cleared and will be opened for all the vehicles.
Things You Must Know If You Are Planning A Trip
- The Border Roads Organisations will widen the roads once the snow is fully cleared by the jawans. The repair work will be done as some roads are in a miserable condition.
- The chief engineer of the Border Roads Organisation said that the Manali-Sarchu highway will become a double-lane road. He said that the jawans found it difficult to clear the highway this year because of the thick snow that was accumulated.
- The weather conditions, landslides have also not favoured the Jawans this year.
- However, the administration has not yet finalised that the tourists should be allowed to commute throw the highway or not.
- The goods carriers have started transporting vegetables, fruits and other goods from Kullu to the Lahaul Valley.
- The Tandi-Sansari road has been opened for all the vehicles.
The Mountains Are Calling And You Must Go!
Source: The Tribune
More from Manali