The Chief Minister of Punjab Capt. Amarinder Singh will go on a duty call to one of the leading cities of our country, Mumbai on Monday 10th April.
The trip will be of three days that will mainly focus on the newly adopted initiative called “Invest Punjab”. The high-profile tour will comprise of meeting with all the Top Gun Industrialists and become conscious of the latest leaders of the financial and industrial sectors.
The CMs Delegation
5 major people that constitute Punjab chief minister’s delegation for Mumbai visit include:
- Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal
- Irrigation & Power Minister Rana Gurjeet Singh
- Senior Advisor to CM Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh Shergill
- Media Adviser to CM Raveen Thukral
- Chief Principal Secretary to CM Suresh Kumar.
Whom Will He be Meeting
- On the evening of Monday the CM will meet the ace business leaders from the ICICI Bank Ltd CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, Goldman Sachs chairman Sonjoy Chatterjee and Godrej group chairman Adi Godrej.
- Followed by a dinner meeting in the end with Arun K Kumar, chairman and CEO, KPMG India.
- On Tuesday, the CM will meet Reliance ADAG chairman Anil Ambani over breakfast.
- Pre-lunch the CM will involve in thorough discussions with RPG group chairman Harsh Goenka, Hindustan Unilever Ltd CEO & MD Sanjiv Mehta and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd chairman Anand Mahindra.
- Scheduled after lunch is his meeting with the Reliance Industries Ltd chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani in meetings in the pre-lunch session on Tuesday.
- Other meeting involvements with the CM include names like L&T director and executive vice-president (Power and Heavy Engg and Defence) Shailendra N Roy and Hinduja group chairman Ashok P Hinduja.
- Other than that there will be a roundtable gathering with the Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India and an Ashoka University delegation.
The Issues of Discussion
The CM will meet the prominent faces of the big industries to know them in a proper way to further arrange collaborations with them to discuss with them the scope of investment in the Punjab.
Furthermore, the meeting will boost the state’s industrial growth and explore various avenues of financial investment that can help Punjab to progress and break away some of the inertia of small and big industries.