Surajkund International Craft Mela is here for the year 2017. The largest craft fair in the world is all set to rock Haryana. The Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Cultural and External Affairs are organising the 31st Surajkund International Craft Mela 2017 in Haryana. It is one of the kind annual craft mela that showcase the richness of handicrafts, handlooms and traditions of India. Every year Surajkund mela has been organised in Faridabad in the month of February. The curtains will be raised up for one of the most awaited fair of the world, Surajkund mela 2017 on the very 1st day of February 2017. More than a million visitors from all around the world are expected to experience the colours of the 31st ‘Surajkund International Craft Mela’ 2017.
Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2017
About Surajkund International Craft Mela
Surajkund Craft Mela is a great initiative of Haryana Tourism to provide a stage to the talented artists and the art forms from all over India. The Surajkund International Craft Mela was first organised in the year 1981, after which it has been organized on a huge level every year that attracts millions of people from India as well as abroad. This 15-day long event gives a great stage to the artist from all over India be it of handicraft, handlooms or in some kind of traditional folk music, dance and so on. Surajkund mela 2017 is one such platform that gives recognition to the craftsmen and his talent on a worldwide level.
Highlights of Surajkund Mela 2017
This is the 31st edition of Surajkund Mela and the year 2017 has been dedicated to the theme of Jharkhand state. The state, whose land is rich in minerals and the art flows in the blood of its artists. From Dokra art to Madhubani painting, Chhau dance to its music all are derived from the state of Jharkhand only.
- Cultural programs
- Handlooms and Handicrafts of various states
- Exporters and Buyers meet
- Amusement and adventure activities
- Foods from all over India as well as abroad
- And much more
2017 Surajkund mela all in all is the platform for those areas, who are rich in its culture and tradition but fails to showcase it on the world wide range. This year of Surajkund International Craft mela is all dedicated Jharkhand state, where one can deeply come to know about its handlooms, performing arts, cuisines and the tourist potential.
Surajkund Mela 2017 Tickets & Other Info
- 50% discount on entry tickets for senior citizens, ex- servicemen, differently abled person and soldiers.
- 50% rebate on the entry tickets on weekdays for college students and school students with a valid id card.
- A VIP dining space has also been decorated in the mela ground.
- Parking area space has been increased.
- Golf Cart and e- rickshaws will also be available on the request in Surajkund mela.
- 2017 Surajkund mela has completely banned the plastic bags.
- E- toilets have also been made in the premises of the Surajkund mela.
- RO systems have been installed for the safe drinking water.
Surajkund Mela 2017 is something that should not be missed. The 2017 theme of Jharkhand at this International Crafts Mela is a must visit. The mela offers a vast variety of entertainment along with the knowledge of the culture and tradition of different states of India.