The snow-clad roads of Rohtang Pass near Manali in Himachal Pradesh are all cleared up for the visitors who come to visit the highlands to have fun in the summers during vacations.
The Kullu administration will allow a total of 1,200 vehicles every day to visit Rohtang Pass from Manali, except Tuesdays, which will be kept for road maintenance.
The Rohtang Pass Opened For Tourists
The National Green Tribunal directed that out of the 1,200 vehicles that would be allowed on the Manlai – Rohtang Pass, 800 vehicles should be petrol run, and 400 diesel.
- 400 petrol & 200 diesel vehicles would be allowed from 6 am to 9 am.
- And same no. of vehicles would be allowed from 9:30 am to 12 pm.
- The residents of Lahaul Spiti and Pangi region can also use the same road to Rohtang.
- Verification of the vehicles will also be conducted to avoid mischievous activities.
- Over violations of rules by taxis or any vehicle will be blacklisted from playing on the Rohtang road.
Rohtang Pass Permits-New Online Service
The Deputy Commissioner of Kullu has recently inaugurated the online permit facility for the tourists visiting Rohtang Pass near Manali in Himachal Pradesh. The tourists can apply for the permits from the current date until the next two days following it.
The tourists can obtain the permit by typing “Rohtang Permit” on the Google search box. The permit are available online at the cost of Rs. 550, the congestion charges of Rs 50 are included that go the Himachal Pradesh govt.
People heading to Lahaul Spiti and Leh Ladakh won’t be charged for the permits except the congestion charges of Rs 50.
And the congestion amount for heavy vehicles going to Rohtang in Manali is Rs 100.
The Green Tax
Visitors can pay the Green Tax online as well as at the Green Tax Barriers manually set up on the Manali road in Himachal Pradesh.
A POS or point of sale machine has been set up at the Green Tax Manali barrier for cashless transactions for the convenience of the visitors.