You might have heard that the traditional yellow coloured bulbs need to be changed with LED bulbs as they consume less power and are more environment-friendly. To take this further in Chandigarh, the Electricity Department will now help you buy these LED bulbs at discounted prices from Sampark Centers across the city.
The distribution will start from March 6 and it is estimated that more than 2 lakh domestic consumers in Chandigarh will benefit under Government of India’s Ujala Scheme to reduce energy consumption.
Reason for distributing LED Bulbs in Chandigarh
As published in The Tribune, MP Singh, Superintending Engineer of the Electricity Department mentioned that the initiative is being carried under the Ujala scheme of Government of India. The LED bulbs, tube lights, and fans are known for reducing energy consumption while their distribution at discounted rates among the residents of Chandigarh will encourage people to switch from normal bulbs and CFLs to LEDs.
How and where to get Discounted LED items:
- The distribution of LEDs is only for the residents of Chandigarh.
- Consumers can avail these items at all the Sampark Centres situated in the city and in all rural areas.
- Items can only be purchased by showing the address proof along with their electricity bill.
The distribution of LED items to the consumers is outsourced by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a public sector entity under the Ministry of Power.
Discounted Price of LED items in Chandigarh
- 1 LED bulb will cost you Rs. 70. (You can buy maximum of 4 bulbs).
- LED Tube light is priced at Rs 230. (Maximum 4 can be purchased).
- Two energy efficient fans will cost Rs 1,150 each.
With the onset of summer season, the Ujala Scheme is anticipated to be welcomed by one and all in Chandigarh as the fans, ACs and coolers will be operational now and consumers will be equally bothered to pay a huge amount of electricity bill. These LED lights and fans will help reduce your electricity bill.
Hoping to see the scheme pays off really well.