In order to revamp its existing hip-on hip-off bus project, Chandigarh Tourism has launched a new double decker bus in Chandigarh for tourists and city residents. A similar double decker hip on hip off bus was first introduced in Chandigarh during year 2001. The project got much appreciation at the time of launch but lost its sheen with time. With an aim to give a new life to this amazing project, CITCO has got a new red coloured double decker bus for Chandigarh and has made changes in regard to its timings, route etc.
Hip On Hip Off Double Decker Bus in Chandigarh
The new bus has an attractive red colour and is decorated with images of all important tourist spots of Chandigarh. The new bus also has an open rooftop similar to the earlier one with a staircase on the rear side to go from ground level to the top. Some important highlights of the newly launched double decker bus include:
– The new bus will run across Chandigarh all 7 days a week.
– The timings for the double decker bus have been kept from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
– The hip on hip off bus will visit all important tourist spots of Chandigarh including Sector 17, Rose Garden in Sector 16, Sector 10, Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake etc.
– A public address system has been installed in the CITCO bus so as to inform people about the tourist spots while on the way.
– There are total 66 seats in this double decker bus.
– CITCO has spent Rs. 37 lakh for this new red coloured hip on hip off bus in Chandigarh.
The old bus which was introduced in 2001 has been put out of service. There was no prticular schedule for the bus and it was only seen on some specific days. However, the new red coloured double decker bus will now be seen everyday on roads and that too many times a day.
Do not forget to take a ride on this bus whenever you spot it the next time.
Image Source: Indian Express