Chandigarh, known as The City Beautiful has recently got another tourist attraction under it’s cap – The Japanese Garden. Built on over 13 acres of land, this has come up in Sector 31, Chandigarh. It was a major project of the Indian Government for the union territory of Chandigarh and was finally inaugurated by Shivraj Patel on 7th November 2014.
Undoubtedly, Chandigarh has many clean and green gardens but this Japanese Garden has been built according to the Japanese architecture. You’ll get a feeling of visiting Japan while roaming in this garden.
Main attractions of Japanese Garden Chandigarh:
- Main Entrance Gate
- Pagoda Tower
- Sculpture of a Japanese couple.
- A meditation hut
- A Huge Buddha Idol
- Huge crocodiles and frog sculptures
- Chapani (A Japanese man)
- A golden fish sculpture
- Lanterns and Lamps
- Japanese Eating Joints
- And Many More…
There are 4 water bodies in the garden and wooden bridges have been constructed over them. At night, the garden looks astonishing as the walk-ways have been illuminated with Japanese lanterns.
The total 13 acre area of the Japanese Garden Chandigarh will be developed in 2 phases. Only the first phase with an area of 6 acres has been developed till now. Construction work on the second phase is under progress. It has been said that the 2 phases will be interconnected with an underground tunnel which would be 100 feet wide. This tunnel will give visitors a unique experience.
If you have not visited the Japanese Garden of Chandigarh yet then you are missing out on something really wonderful. It has been listed as one of the best places to visit in Chandigarh. The good news is that there is no entry fee to this beautiful garden. You’ll even find a good cafeteria along with some other food joints inside the garden premises.
So get ready to visit Japan right here in your city by paying a visit to the Japanese Garden of Chandigarh in sector 31.
- Get Ready Chandigarh, Taalbelia Festival at Mandawa is Calling! - 18/01/2017
- Smart LED Lights are Coming to Chandigarh Roads & Each Pole to Have a Distress Button - 18/01/2017
- 15 Accident Prone Areas in Chandigarh (As Per Year 2016-17) - 08/01/2017
- Petrol Pumps Not To Accept Credit / Debit Cards for Fuel Sale - 08/01/2017
- 15 Incredible Pictures from Shimla Snowfall (Jan 2017) That Are Making Everyone Go Crazy - 08/01/2017