Government schools in Chandigarh are preferred by many. In fact, if we talk about 11th and 12th class admissions, some government schools of Chandigarh have high cut off and it is hard to get admission in the top schools.
People of Chandigarh are aware enough about the necessity of a quality education in society and is also known for its high literacy rates. Chandigarh authorities are central to make this thought, a well-grounded reality. Chandigarh Administration is considerate enough so as to manage at least one school in each sector with more than one in a few sectors. Here is a list of 100+ government schools which are looked after by the education department in Chandigarh.
Government Schools in Chandigarh
Before we go on to the government schools in Chandigarh, here’s what some abbreviations mean.
- GMSSS- Government Model Senior Secondary School- Model Senior Secondary Schools go upto classes XI and XII.
- GSSS- Government Senior Secondary School- These schools go upto classes XI & XII also.
- GMHS- Government Model High School- These schools go upto class IX & X.
- GHS- Government High School- These schools also go upto classes IX & X.
- GMMS- Government Model Middle School- These schools go upto class VIII.
- GMS- Government Middle School- These schools also go upto class VIII.
- GPS- Government Primary School- These schools go upto class V.
GMSSS, Sector-26 TM
GMSSS, Sector-38 W
GSSS, Manimajra town
GSSS, Mauli Jagran
GSSS, Raipur Khurd
GSSS, Khuda Lahora
GSSS, Khudda Ali Sher
GMHS, Sector-26 PL
GMHS, Sector-41 Badheri
GMHS, Khudda Jassu
GMHS, Vikas Nagar Mauli Jagran
GMHS, 38 W
GHS, Dadu Majra
GHS, Maloya Colony
GHS, Mauli Colony
GHS, Colony No. 4
GMS- BD 26
GMS, Palsora Colony
GMS, Raipur Kalan
GMS, Indira Colony
GMS, Pocket No. 10, Manimajra
Governement Middle School, Pocket No. 6, Manimajra
GPS, Sector-12, P.G.I.
GPS- Sector 26 TM
GPS, Railway Colony
GPS, Mauli Complex
GPS, Manimajra II
Till class VIII, no fee is charged for any student.
For classes 9th and 10th, fee structure can be referred to by following this link – http://chdeducation.gov.in/ix-x%20fee%20structure.pdf
For classes XI & XII, fee structure can be referred to by following this link- http://chdeducation.gov.in/xi-xii%20fee%20structure.pdf
The difference between model schools and other government schools in Chandigarh lie in the education plans and standards that are decided by Government of India.
Model school is a scheme that uses an interplay of technology into education. Model schools tend to be on a higher side in terms of infrastructure, curriculum & school governance.
Also, Check Out
- List of Government (Model, Primary, Sr. Sec) Schools in Chandigarh with Fee Structure - 11/04/2017
- St. John’s School, Sector 26, Chandigarh (Fees, Admission & Other Details) - 28/12/2016
- Uber Gives Chandigarh a Chance to Donate For a Noble Cause. - 23/12/2016
- Speed Governors are Now Compulsory for all School Buses in Chandigarh - 23/12/2016
- Finally, Work Begins on Mohali-Kharar Flyover - 16/12/2016