‘Right to Education’ is one of the fundamental rights of Indian citizens. Parents want their kids to get the best education. But, if we go according to the fees being charged, primary education in Chandigarh is almost at par with higher degrees like that of MBA.
Chandigarh, which is also known as an education hub of North India portrays a high standard when it comes to education. However, admission in any school of Chandigarh is not easy as you may think and the fees structure is simply something which is at par with higher degrees. With the ever rising competition to get admission in the desired private school in Chandigarh, it has become difficult for the parents to go through the task of giving quality education to their kids
Let’s take a look into Chandigarh’s rigorous admission regime where parents participate every year.
Fee of Prominent Schools in Chandigarh
Every year, private schools in Chandigarh used to increase their fee structure by the rate of 10%. Parents who wish their child to read in a reputed English Schools have to spend a huge amount of money for the admission.
- St. Kabir Public School, Sector 26 fee is Rs. 46250.
- Vivek High School, Sector 38 fee is Rs. 51500.
- Delhi Public School, Sector 40 fee is Rs. 64450.
- Ryan International, Sector 49 fee is Rs. 79900
- Gurukul Global School, IT Park fee is Rs. 83630.
- Strawberry Fields High School, Sector 26 fee is Rs. 123000.
As per the stats, admission in one of the top private schools in Chandigarh reduces the parents’ earning from Rs. 200000 to Rs 400000 per annum on average.
Source: The Tribune
Uniforms, Books, Etc.
It’s not just the fee, but other miscellaneous expenses of the school that has to be borne by the parents of the private school students. The admission fee and the tuition fee is just a penny, the school uniforms, books, art and crafts, regular functions of the school, picnics and outings and the transportation charges are a few other expenditures that burn a hole in the pockets.
Glimpse into Extra Expenses at Schools
- Tuition fee for the schools in Chandigarh is approx Rs. 3000 to Rs. 6000 per month.
- Whereas transportation cost is around Rs. 1000 to 1200 per month.
- School Uniforms and Shoes will cost Rs. 2000 to Rs. 3000 per set.
- School bags and water bottles Rs. 1000- 2000.
- Books will cost around Rs 3000 to 4500.
- Events and fun trips are priced approx Rs. 5000 to 8000 per annum.
Not only this, even the private schools also charge some library fee, development fund, caution money and miscellaneous expenses that are mentioned in the fee receipt.
In Chandigarh, the starting of education is not as easy as we think. If your child gets admission in any of the best schools of the tricity, then be prepared to spend your saved capital of the lifetime in your ward’s education.