An international school in Chandigarh upholding Indian values, The British School is associated with University of Cambridge International Examinations. The British School Chandigarh has been imparting education as per global standards that will not only help the students in higher education in institutions across the globe but also trains them to be ready for the challenges placed by life. The educational institute gives Non Resident Indians the opportunity to send their children to British School to ensure that they have a better understanding of the social system back home.
TBS is affiliated to CBSE Board and University of Cambridge.
The British School, Chandigarh starts with TinkerBell Year (Playway) for kids who are 1.6 years and Pre-Nursery starts at 2.6 years. Enrollment can be made for the above if your kid has reached this age. Eligibility and criteria for admission into nursery class at The British School Chandigarh has been mentioned below:
Admission Criteria for Nursery Class (Foundation Year II)
- To be able to secure a seat in nursery at this prestigious school, your child must be 3.6 years at the time of admission.
- You need to get the application form from the school’s counter and fill it up.
- Submit the application form at the British School deposit counter in Sector 44, Chandigarh.
- Enrollment in Nursery is made after the assessment; you will have to pay the registration amount and schedule an appointment for assessment at the time of purchase of prospectus.
- After successful assessment and a meeting with the school principal, all the payments will have to be completed within 48 hours after your kid has been granted admission or the registration amount stands forfeited.
- If you plan to pick up your child then submit a group photo of your child with people authorised to pick him up along with relevant details like name and relation with the child.
Nursery Admission Details at TBS, Chandigarh
- The British School, Chandigarh accepts Application Forms up to the end of February each year. Admissions are granted subject to the availability of seats.
- The Director of The British School, Chandigarh reserves the right to decide the class in which the child is to be admitted.
- Applicants will be put on a waiting list if there are no seats available.
- The prospective parents/guardians are advised to visit the school campus before taking any decision about applying for their wards.
Documents Required During Admission Process in The British School, Chandigarh
- Attested photocopy of Birth Certificate of the child.
- 6 Passport size coloured photographs of the child.
- 1 Passport size coloured photograph (individual) of the father, mother and the guardian.
- The British School Chandigarh also requires a certificate from your child’s pediatrician stating that the child is in good health and fit to attend school.
Fee Structure – The British School, Chandigarh
The registration fee has not been disclosed yet for the current session. You can visit the British School, Chandigarh’s office between 9 AM and 2 PM to confirm the same.
Admission Fee – Rs. 40000/-
Monthly Tuition Fee – Rs. 2200/- per month onwards.
Activity Charges: Rs. 650/- per month
The above fee structure of The British School Chandigarh is subject to change at any time. We request Chandigarh Metro readers to get the exact fee structure from the prospectus or directly ask it at the school’s admission office.
Mode of Payment
The school academic session starts from 1st March and goes on till 28th of February in next year. The dues are to be deposited with the fee counter located in the school premises. The British School accepts Bi-monthly fees for students studying in the school.
Due Dates for the payment of fees at Chandigarh based British School are as follows:
- March-April = March 10th.
- May-June = May 10th.
- July- August = July 10th.
- September-October = September 10th.
- November-December = November 10th.
- January – February = January 10th.