Receiving back-to-back awards have become a regular thing for the Chandigarh’s Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, commonly known as the PGI Hospital. The institute is not only known for its multi-speciality medical treatment services but also has the most high-tech facilities for both the doctors as well as for the patients.
That is the reason why PGI has been awarded the SKOCH Order-of-Merit for excelling in the tele-evidence facility. This is the second SKOCH Order-of-Merit award in a row for PGI Chandigarh as in 2016 the institute was commemorated for promoting the eye donation campaign other than optimising the stay of patients in hospitals via a software.
Tele Evidence Facility
As published in The Times of India, PGI Chandigarh is the first hospital-cum- medical college to have started the tele-evidence facility in the country on this large scale in the year 2015. By far, tele-evidence facility has given about 2,200 evidence via the eco-friendly technology, saving Rs 3 crore and 75 metric tonnes of carbon foot prints of the institute.
The tele-evidence facility proves to be highly beneficial to both the doctors as well as to the patients as it can record and maintain evidence via video conferencing. That is the reason why Govenrmnet of India has thought of implementing this facility available across the country under the Digital India initiative.
Awards and applauds for Chandigarh PGI
Of lately, PGI Chandigarh has won the prestigious ‘Kayakalp Award‘ and has been ranked third in the ‘Cleanest Hospital Award’. Not only this, at the 47th SKOCH summit, the institute has declared amongst the top-50 health projects in India’ for 2017.
Also, Check Out
- Snow Scooters are Now Allowed at Rohtang Pass (Manali) & Tourists are Delighted - 23/06/2017
- NEET 2017 Result Delayed Further | Will Be Out Within This Week & Here’s What You Need To Know - 22/06/2017
- Top 7 Buffet Restaurants in Amritsar (With Price & Other Details) - 22/06/2017
- Indians Can Now Apply Visa for Australia Online | Here’s All That You Need to Know - 21/06/2017
- Dev Samaj College Sector 45 Chandigarh to Become Co-Ed - 21/06/2017