It was the first time that Rail Budget 2017 was announced along with the Union Budget of 2017. Earlier, rail budget was presented by the rail minister separately. As the union budget was announced on 1st Feb 2017, we were all eyes and ears to know what are the big announcements in regard to railways for Chandigarh. This time, 4 new trains were proposed by Ambala Division from Chandigarh to different destinations. The proposal for new trains was sent to higher authorities by the Ambala Division and it was expected that some new trains would definitely be announced.
Proposal for New Trains:
Although there have been a requirement of long distance train for the connectivity to various destination. But as of now, the proposal have been sent for the short distance trains as considering the requirement of the travellers of the proposed routes.
- A train from Chandigarh to Hisar.
- Train from Nangal Dam to Patna via Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh to Ludhiana train.
- Train to Ludhiana via Chandigarh from Sarangpur.
Along with these trains, Ambala Division has also proposed that the third Shatabdi should also commute on Sunday rather than it should not operate on Wednesday from Chandigarh to New Delhi. As because, the number of passengers travelling from Chandigarh to New Delhi is more on Sundays.
Here’s What Chandigarh Got:
No new trains.
But, there are few announcements for our Railway Station.
- Chandigarh railway station will be made disable friendly. A number of facilities would come up at the railway station for disabled people. Chandigarh is one of 500 cities/towns where railway stations will be made disable friendly.
- The facilities for disabled people will include separate parking, special toilets, a new ticket counter with helpline and separate entry/exit points.
- Chandigarh railway station would be made solar powered. This means that electricity would be saved and power would be generated by solar energy.
Source: The Tribune
Also Check out:
Luxury Trains Between Chandigarh & Delhi are Coming to Make Your Journey all Different